Friday, July 25, 2014

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

EV#104 "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood"
« First
‹ Previous (in story)
Next (in story) ›
Home »

So.


And by that, I am referring to myself.
Not Mr. Rogers, unfortunately.

Again, I apologize. I never meant to be gone. I've got the next comic inked, so expect it later this evening or on Saturday at some point. I'll post the one that was supposed to be up today, maybe on Monday or Tuesday. Then, hopefully I'll be able to make next week's deadline, and I'll be caught up again.

*sigh* and I was doing so good for not missing weeks. Oh well.

This is based only vaguely on a true story. I've always hated Family Guy, and my friends stopped trying to get me to change the TV shows I watched in the fourth grade when when they found out I still liked the first season of Pokemon.

When I became a brony, they abandoned their last shred of hope. Now, I actually have been watching a lot of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. I am convinced that everyone is secretly part of Mr. Roger's fandom (we can call ourselves "neighbors") -- most just don't realize it.

Plenty of fun to draw. There was good challenge drawing myself at different ages and stages of awkwardness. And then my various "friends" of different species. Plus, that metal bar jungle-gym-thingie was fun. (It's called a "dome climber." I looked it up just now because it was bothering me.)

So yeah, a good comic if you ask me.

I miss Mr. Rogers.

Transcription:

TV screen: "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood."

Kid 1: "Ew You watch Mr. Rogers? That's a baby show. Us big kids watch Power Rangers!"
Riley: "Oh ok."

Kid 2: "Power Rangers? Do you suck your thumb too? Come on, you gotta watch Yu-Gi-Oh."
Riley: "Oh ok."

Kid 3: "Yu-Gi-Oh? Really? You're such a nerd. Man, you need towatch Family Guy."
Riley: "Oh ok."

Kid 4: "Family Guy? What are you, thirteen? You should really get into reality TV."
Riley: "You know what? You're right. I should."

Computer screen: "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood."

1 comment: