Friday, May 16, 2014

What’s a “Fourth Wall?”

EV # 96 “What’s a ‘Fourth Wall?’”
We briefly interrupt the story...
« First
‹ Previous (in story)
Next (in story) ›
Home »
~Riley
Guess who didn't feel well enough to finish this on time yesterday?

I really only needed to ink and edit this. I think editing is taking me less time than it used to, and now I'd say it's looking pretty good.

If you know of any tutorials for improving my inking techniques, I'd like to hear about them. That's probably the part of drawing that I'd like to improve most at the moment. (See? I phrased that so it's not complaining. Aren't you all so proud of me?)

I'll look myself after I take care of some other more-pressing EV issues.

I'm thinking of starting an active advertising campaign on Project Wonderful and Facebook before too long. In order for the campaign to be successful, I feel like I need to know more about how my current readers think about EV. I'll be putting together a survey before long, so keep your eyes out.

Now, as for this comic, you're looking at what I had originally intended to be a trope of this comic. Alek and E2 having a conversation at a fast food place. I've really only used this once (with the same food, interestingly enough), so that just goes to show how much EV has diverted from my original intentions.

And, of course, I've got to make the occasional breach of the fourth wall. Hence this comic.

TTFN.

Transcription:
E2: “You used to be the main character of EV. What happened?”

Alek: “The artist found out that most of his readers favored romance over cheap sitcom. Then he started to agree with them. And, well...I’m not very romantic.”

E2: “That’s pathetic. A creative mind bending to the whims of the fandom? I know that’s what fangirls want, but can you imagine what would happen if Joss Whedon or George Lucas did that?”
Alek: “We’d get a good Star Wars movie?”

E2: “Okay, maybe that was a bad example, but you get my point, right?”
Alek: “You miss the attention.”
E2: “Maybe a little...”

E2: “Seriously, though. I’ve been thinking about this for a while. Riley Hulick must be applauded for his work. We’ve gotta continue to have occasional light conversations about geek culture to serve as comic relief from the main, more important, storyline -- GAAAAAAA, HE’S CENSORING ME!”

Alek: “I like the story the way it is. It doesn’t involve my humiliation as often.”
E2: “I feel so violated...unggh, he even used Comic Sans.”

No comments:

Post a Comment