Friday, May 30, 2014

Internal Monologue

EV #98 "Internal Monologue"

« First
‹ Previous
Next ›
Home »
~Riley

Oh, poor Fado baby.
At least he comes up with jokes to amuse himself.
Or wait, maybe that's me coming up with these jokes.
So, this comic was remarkably painless to draw. I'm using some new tools to help me get the speech bubbles the right size, and in all, everything's on the up-and-up. Not to say this is completely perfect, but I'd say it's just plain fabulous.

And it only took me, like, eight episodes of Avatar: the Last Airbender to draw.

This kicks off the rocky relationship (oh hey, I think I stole that from Avatar) between Fado and Jesi I'm looking to play around with for the next little while. Suffice it to say that Jesi is not eager.

That'll be all for tonight. See you folks next week.

Transcription:
Fado: [All this nonsense...I need someone to talk to.]

Fado: [Normally that would be Sandy, but she stars in the nonsense as leading lady.]

Fado: [Fenic’s no good either. I’ve had friendlier conversations with spiders.]

Fado: [I don’t really know anyone at school, and the guys at work call me “yellow,” ‘cause they can’t remember my name.]

Fado: [Gee, I never realized how dependent I was on Sandy’s friendship. If I don’t have her...I guess I don’t have anyone. There’s gotta be someone else...]
(Jesi walks by)

Fado: “Hey! Jesi, right?”
Jesi Gives a suspicious and terse look. “Maybe...”

No comments:

Post a Comment