Friday, May 23, 2014

An uneasy truce

EV #97 "An uneasy truce"
« First
‹ Previous (out of story)
‹ Previous (in story)
Next
Home »
~Riley

My new job has taken more of my energy than I anticipated. I still have a fair amount of free time in the evenings, but suddenly I don't feel like doing anything during that time.

As a result, I do not have today's comic properly ready on time.

Fortunately for me, I drew this before I started working. It will serve as a good placeholder until I can finish. And, unlike last year when I'd promise to properly finish my crude sketches, I mean it this time.

I did it.

I'll be brief, sorry for being late on this one. First week at my new job really took it out of me, but fortunately for me, Monday is a bank holiday so I have a bunch of free time again! (yay).

I'm experimenting (practicing) with my speech bubbles. I think I've done well here, but they're really hard to get the right size, so bear with me. I also did a lot of scratch-hatching, which is what I call that uneven scribbly style of shading you see here, and I think that's looking pretty good.

Story is as story does. I don't think there's anything particular here I need to explain.

Um...yeah, that'll be it. See you later.

Transcription:
Fado: “So, I think I’d like to stay. If that’s okay.”
Sandy: “It’s fine.”

Fado: “Is there anything I can do for you? Help you feel better?”
Sandy: “No.”

Fado: “...Okay then.” He turns to leave.
Sandy: “What was her name?

Fado: “Huh?”
Sandy: “The mortal you were in love with. What was her name?”

Fado: “Vixie. Vixie Tod.”
Sandy: “Were you happy?”
Fado: “Very.”

Sandy: “Thanks. That’s all I wanted to know.”

No comments:

Post a Comment