Thursday, July 18, 2013

Here's Jesi

EV #80 "Here's Jesi"
This is an out-of story comic
« First
‹ Previous (in story)
Next (in story) ›
Home »

~Riley

And with that the half-hiatus is officially over. I'll likely be late next week (moving) but I will be there.

It's been exhausting, but I've finally gotten my act together again. And I hope for a long run of comics to take us to infinity and beyond.

No, never mind, I don't expect to ever get around to drawing infinity comics.

Whatever.

The idea for this comic came in response to a comment of my fans left on the Facebook page. I was...disappoint.

I decided I needed to pay a little more attention to Jesi as a character, so I made this.

But, you know, it's still Jesi. So I pulled the same shenanigans I always pull.


Poor Jesi.

Anyway, if you're interested, here's an enlargement of that first strip I stuck in there.


Transcription:

Riley: "I have recently been asked about the character Jesi,
"And just wanted to take this chance to talk about him.

"Inspired by the noble tradition of European court jesters, our friend Jesi is an irreplacable cornerstone in our comic.

"Jesi is actually one of our oldest characters. He appeared in the very first strip...
"And many since.

"But in spite of that, we've explored very little of his character. He's usually been the butt-end of cheap humor, with little attention given to the person he is.

"I'll have you know he's a surprisingly complex individual, with an air of dignity and grace.
"Everything he does, from his toy car enthusiasm to his janitorial vocation is bestowed with his charming care.
Jesi: "Who just throws away a Junior Mint?"

Riley: "But such traits do not a character make. Perhaps he is a mystery we may never fully comprehend."

Jesi (thinking): "Some people."

No comments:

Post a Comment