Monday, April 1, 2013

Just another boring day (April Fools!)

EV #70 "Just another boring day"
« First
‹ Previous (in story)
Next (in story) ›
Home »
~Riley
In case you didn't catch it, this comic is an April Fools prank.
And the prank includes the following commentary:

My computer has been having some issues lately. I actually had to use command line to upload today’s comic, which means I didn’t get to preview it before it went up. I checked the filename twice, but I can’t shake this nagging feeling that it’s the wrong pic. I won’t actually know until I can get my browser to work properly again.

Whatever, I guess there’s no real harm if I accidentally show you one of the dumb memes on my computer. There were a couple of WIP pics from a personal project I’ve been working on, but I doubt any of those ended up online.

Seriously, no, this is EV, remember?

As I occasionally do, this comic takes a break from the story. I decided to take a turn for something a little lighter in mood than my usual fare. Not that my comics are that intense, but a goofy joke every now and then can be nice.

Anyway, this one was particularly hard to draw, just because there was so much detail in their beards. I don’t normally tell people when I hide something in my comics, but if you look closely, you can see the phrase “The Cake is a Lie” spelled out in the twists of Jesi’s and E2’s very dashing facial hair.

Also, it was a challenge getting bizarro-Alek to look like him, and yet get his whole design to be the opposite of regular Alek. Plenty of fun writing the dialogue, though.

I’m a little pressed for time right now, so I’ll have to put up a transcription later.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment