Monday, October 8, 2012

Bronies are Magic

EV#48 "Bronies are Magic"
See also EV#29
~Riley

So. I'm a brony.

Yeah...

It feels weird saying it, since my initial impression of bronies was of surprise and alarm. But hey, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a darling, well-written, and overall awesome television show. I'm a little self-conscious of being a brony, but I'll bite the bullet enough to announce it on my blog.

Those ponies are hard to draw. That's why this comic was so long in the coming; I was trying to figure out the style. I think I successfully made Jesi into the ugliest pony ever, and that includes this handsome fellow.

My initial sketch of this was a little different. When I showed it to a (non-brony) coworker, he just gave me a blank stare. In that sketch, there were fewer panels, and in the last frame, I had my pony-fursona-dude-guy...ahem. I had him using unicorn levitation magic to draw. I figured that was a little too hard to understand, so I elaborated on one end and simplified on the other...and here we are. The drawing pad in the last frame is still mysteriously levitating.

All in all, I call this a success.

Transcription:
Jesi: "You're watching My Little Pony?!"
Headphones: "You're all my very best frieeeends..."

Riley: A-little-too-eager of a smile
Jesi: "Oh. No."

"This will not end well."

(Scribble, scribble)
"Forget I said anything."

(Scribble, scribble)
"Please. Just shoot me."

No comments:

Post a Comment