Friday, February 17, 2012

You're not supposed to 'like' your own statuses. That's like giving yourself a hi-five.

EV # 33 "You're not supposed to 'like' your own statuses. That's like giving yourself a hi-five."
~Riley

I thought to myself, "I want to draw an EV today," so I drew an EV today.
I thought to myself, "I want to do something a little more dramatic with my panel organization," so I did something a little more dramatic with my panel organization.
I thought to myself, "I want to try adding --- what the?! When did I post that to Facebook?!?!"

The rest sort of fell into place.

:3
Seriously, though, this was a great deal of fun to draw. I put particular effort into hiding tiny details, sort of like when I was little and I'd play with Legos. I'd always add secret rooms or hidden things that would make the structure more realistic, but nobody would ever know but me. Take a look at Sandy's profile picture:
That's her with my fursona, in Legend of Zelda cosplay, in front of the E3 convention. (Why do I do this to myself...that's so much work) Alek's is a boring webcam mugshot, and E²'s is the phrase "[don't censor the web]" stolen straight from my friend Ender's Facebook profile.

Loads of fun.

It's late now. I'm tired, so I'll shut up, before I say something stupid.
Oh, but before I forget, I wanted to ensure that is this viewerships and comment.

Transcription:
Facebook: "Alek -
"lol its like im not even being to try what they expect of.
"Unlike - Comment - Share - Yesterday at 2:31am
"You and 12 others like this.
"Sandy - lol. I think you need some sleep
"2 hours ago - Like - (1 likes this)
"E² - Dude, are you okay?"

Alek (thinking): "Ungh. I need to go to bed earlier...
"...and I thought it was such an epiphany, too..."

2 comments:

  1. Dang, now that's what I mean about having a sense of humor. Even when you're half mental you still now how to make an amazing joke out of it. I think it's high time I take a lesson from you about humor instead of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything's funny, Jim. If you want to be a comedian, that's the first thing to know.

      Delete