Saturday, January 7, 2012

WHY U NO LAUGH AT MY JOKES?!

EV # 28 "WHY U NO LAUGH AT MY JOKES?!"

~Riley
I bet you thought I forgot about you.
Well, I did, but then I remembered and drew this up really fast!

In point of fact, I was actually going for a speed record here. I didn't quite make it (my record is 30 minutes, and this took about 45) but I came up with this joke out of the clear blue sky and put it all together pretty dang quickly.

For those who are less aware of internet memes, Rage Comics are a kind of comic popular throughout the internet, and made in a simple image editor (typically MS Paint). They use a set of predrawn faces for their characters, put on stick figures. The troll face is one of the more popular ones. (See this link for more info, but be advised: the page contains swearing.) The phrase "U Jelly" is a trollish way of saying "Are you jealous?" The phrase "Y U NO...?!" is an angry way of saying "Why don't you...?"

For general information, I downloaded GIMP the other day. It's pretty much epic; I've been using it to make some pretty snazzy stuff. It certainly broadens my capabilities, so I might end up making some especially awesome EV pictures.

Whoops! Looks like I misspelled "repetitive" as "repetative." xD Don't tell the grammar police where I live.

I put that note on the bottom, "Be sure to like our Facebook page," because I want at least 25 likes, so I can get a username for the page. As charming and endearing as the serial number 214137748637172 is, I think "Facebook.com/EVcomics" or something of that sort might be easier to promote.

Transcription:
Riley: "I hate Rage Comics! Crappy sprites and repetative jokes get seen by millions, while I pour my heart into these, and nobody cares!"
Troll: "LOL"

Troll: "U Jelly?"

No comments:

Post a Comment