Saturday, September 24, 2011

≤Relevant: Epic Bulbasaur

Oi! I've been quiet for too long.
Sorry for that.

As anyone who has an internet audience will eventually say, "I've been sick." I didn't think that my illness would affect this website. Unlike YouTubers (who are notorious for having long silences during illness) my content doesn't require a good voice, neat appearance, or clean house. I figured I could draw comics, even while sprawled on a couch in my pajamas, fur matted with vapor rub, a tissue plugged up each nostril, and Magic School Bus (I love that show) playing in the background. After all, it's not hard to draw.
Unfortunately, I was mistaken. My favorite activity while sick was sleeping, or aimlessly posting on Facebook, and I think I set a personal record for both.

One productive thing did come of my illness, however. I've discovered (or rather, fallen in love with) Pokémemes. I've had a vague awareness of the website for some time, but never bothered to look it up, until I saw a pokémeme during one of my meanders through Facebook. I realized that some of what I've drawn would be great pokémemes, so I submitted some of my stuff, hoping to be able to draw people back here.
Two items were accepted: Gary holding the Chrome logo like a Pokeball, and Poptart Eevee. Poptart Eevee subsequently has gotten 1,000 views, and I have accelerated my plans to make a Poptart Pikachu. This has given me great satisfaction, and even drawn people to our Facebook page.

Anyway, I labeled this as being a ≤Relevant, with some kind of Epic Bulbasaur. I drew this before I got sick, during Calculus class. Basically, the idea was to take Pokémon, and draw them in more realistic proportions. Squirtle didn't turn out nearly as well, and I've had enough on my plate as it is, so whatever sort of "project" this might have turned into is probably never going to happen. :3 As if you wanted any more projects from me.

Here's an idea: I'll draw a strip tomorrow and post it on Monday. on Monday and post it on Tuesday Eventually.
~Riley

1 comment:

  1. bulbasaur is like a pit bull. stubby legs are okay lol

    ReplyDelete