Monday, August 15, 2011

Three girls to each guy? Doesn't sound so bad to me.

EV # 20 "Three Girls to each Guy? Doesn't sound so bad to me."

(If you are confused, see the introduction of Roko.)
~Riley

Because Roko is to have a cameo appearance in the upcoming Eevee Party, I figured that he needed an appearance in the strips. Because most anyone who's seen his first appearance seemed confused about his gender, this idea began to come about.

Notice, I've started writing in all caps. Many cartoonists do this; it's an effective way to make handwriting smaller, but still legible. In fact, I was very careful to write neatly on this strip -- I felt a little sloppy with the last one.

My borders are straighter and better aligned, thanks to a ruler I found in my desk drawer. I also created buffer between panels, like real cartoonists do. This was definitely a learning experience for me.

Transcription:
Roko: "Just because 75% of Vulpixes are female..."

Roko: "Just because I'm the youngest, and have five sisters..."

Roko: "Just because I like pink...and use moisturizer..."

Roko: "Just because the doctor thought I was a girl on the sonogram...and my parents planned for that."

Roko: "Does not make me any less of a man. I'm secure in my masculinity and proud to be a Vulpix."

Roko: "On a completely unrelated note, 87.5% of Eevees are male."

No comments:

Post a Comment