Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Question for the Ages

EV # 19 "A Question for the Ages"
~Riley
I am glad that I realized I didn't have to try to make ink look like pencil. I could totally imagine myself trying to figure out the technique to use with my sharpie to get it to look like a smudgy penciled cartoon from some geek.
Of course, here's where I pretend that I actually did do that with a sharpie, and you're all impressed. Uh-huh.

So, this is the first appearance of my fursona on the new website -- well, except for the banner. Aren't I pretty? The joke is that my Eevee self draws pictures of humans the way my human counterpart draw pictures of Eevees. (I'm only explaining it, 'cause I'd feel pretty stupid if I was the only one who understood the joke).

This is still one of my old sketches. It's not that I don't love you enough to come up with new material; I just wanted to use some of my really funny old jokes. The mysterious offstage fellow was supposed to be Jim, the fursona of my cohort James Palmer. However, he hadn't finalized the picture of his fursona when I started, and I haven't bothered to check up on him since.

On a tangent, my spell-check doesn't like the word "fursona." My exposure to the furry world via Eevee Party has granted me knowledge of such slang. Perhaps you should look at this link, if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Transcription:
(Paper: "Human")
Mysterious offstage fellow: "I guess they're cool, but why do you draw them all the time?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment